Before You Start:
- Divide group into two equal teams.
- Have each team get into two single file lines holding hands with the teams facing each other.
- The leader stands at the front between the two lines.
- Place the bandana on the ground at the rear of the lines directly in between the two lines.
- Remind everyone that they must keep their eyes shut and remain silent.
Will need a bandana (or other small object) and a quarter.
How to Play:
- Flip a quarter. Only the first players in each line can watch to see if it lands on heads or tails.
- The rest of the players must have their eyes closed.
- If the quarter shows âheads, the players at the front sends a squeeze (or pulse) down the line which should reach the end of the line.
- When the squeeze reaches the last player in line, he or she tries to pick up the bandana first.
- Whichever team wins the bandana, the player in the front moves to the back of the line and the players rotate forward.
- If the coin is tails, no action happens. The leader just flips the coin again.
- The game ends when the player who began the game at the front of the line reaches the front again.
- Play sitting down.
- Have a different signal to pass back.
- If a player sends a pulse when the leader does not show heads, the player at the back returns to the front of the line, making the game more challenging and longer.
This activity is a great one for Honesty because you have to be honest that you are keeping your eyes closed and that you feel when your hand has been squeezed.