- Have the group sit or stand in a circle
- Practice 5 jumping jacks (for younger ages)
- Practice passing the ball around the circle (for younger ages)
- Practice singing one round of the song
- Start passing the ball around the circle while singing the wonderball song:
- The Song --
The wonderball goes around and around,
to pass it quickly you are bound,
if you’re the one to hold it last,
you will owe 5 jumping jacks,
you are it!
- The child who is holding the ball when the song ends gets up and does 5 jumping jacks in the middle of the circle.
- Then pick the child who is sitting the quietest to start the next round.
- You should move around the circle with the ball to make sure it gets around, a lot of kids will try to hold the ball so they will be last or won’t be able to hold the ball.
This activity goes with Health and Fitness because there is a lot of movement and exercise involved.